- the internet offers huge opportunities for Indigenous peoples to participate in the world economy through telecommunications, and online marketing;
- the internet can also be used by Indigenous peoples to strengthen their communities;
- Food insecurity is a serious problem in northern and remote Indigenous communities across the territory shared with Canada and there exists a strong body of research and traditional knowledge with respect to food security and northern Indigenous health which would be easily accessible through the internet.
BE IT RESOLVED the Liberal Party of Canada urge the Government of Canada to:
- partner with Provinces, Indigenous communities and Organizations, as well as Tech and Infrastructure providers, to develop enhanced telecommunications options for First Nation, Metis, and Inuit communities;
- commit to bringing forth access high-speed internet by 2025 to not only rural and remote communities across Canada but also to First Nation, Metis, and Inuit communities in which Canada shares territory with;
- partner with Provincial governments & Indigenous governments to enhance distance learning education, and its delivery, to support Indigenous economic growth and learning.